Coronavirus (Covid-19) and your air-conditioning and ventilation
Coronavirus (Covid-19) continues to create obstacles and challenges for all businesses. However, like you, we are endeavouring to adapt to the changing business environment.
The current enforced lockdown means Spheretech have temporarily suspended all planned customer service & maintenance visits. We will be in touch with all customers affected to reschedule all necessary service & maintenance visits for an appropriate date, in order that manufacturer warranties can be maintained.
In the meantime, our engineers are continuing to fulfil all emergency breakdown call out requests (whilst adhering to all safety and social distancing requirements). If you require support for urgent repairs for your business premises, do not hesitate to contact us.
Whilst remote working, our technical team are scheduling new and pending air conditioning installation projects and our sales team are handling new enquiries, providing budgetary quotations and arranging surveys where it is feasible to do so.
We will keep you posted as and when current circumstances change. If you have any questions or requirements please call 01327 810 510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org but, for now we hope you all stay safe.
As we are all aware, we are entering a very challenging period and Spheretech would like to confirm that going forward we will continue with business as usual until we are advised that this is no longer an option.
The health of our employees and yours is of utmost importance to us, which is why we have changed our procedures to ensure that everybody is kept as safe as possible whilst continuing to offer the best possible service.
- Our internal team are set up with remote working capability to ensure that you receive the best possible service and response and our engineers have all been briefed on our adapted way of working.
- All of our engineers are vetted on a daily basis to ensue none of them have any symptoms prior to them attending site, and should they have symptoms they are advised to follow the guidelines and self-isolate immediately and not attend any customer sites.
- All engineers are aware of the social distancing advice issued by Public Health England and will put this in to practice when in attendance on your sites, in addition to this our operatives have been issued with face masks and hand sanitiser and will all be following the personal hygiene recommendations from Public Health England.
- Our engineers will all be carrying stylus pens for their tablets to be signed with and antibacterial wet wipes to ensure that tablets and styluses are always kept clean.
- We will be introducing to all planned maintenance work, the use of additional high strength anti-bacterial disinfectant chemical cleaning products.
- If you are concerned about our engineers attending site whist your premises are occupied we can arrange for planned maintenance to be carried out outside of working hours, if this would be of interest then please let us know and we will make the arrangements for this to be carried out.
If you have any questions we are still as always at the end of the phone or email, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The safety and the well-being of our customers and employees remains of paramount importance during the current coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
Rest assured, all Spheretech Technical Surveyors, Sales, Installation and Service Engineers who visit our customers’ premises, all employ the appropriate best practices to limit the spread of coronavirus, including all good hygiene recommendations advised by Government/NHS websites before and after each site visit they undertake.
Here follows information published by air conditioning industry body, Refcom.
Coronavirus and Air Conditioning – Refcom Latest
On 11th March 2020, Refcom issued a notice to members following misleading media articles regarding the operation of air conditioning and ventilation systems and the current coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak.
The notice advises caution over these newspaper stories and reminds all members that:
“A clean ventilation system is an essential part of a healthy building and it is essential that any ventilation system serving a building where confirmed cases have been diagnosed are sanitised in accordance with best practice, and that any buildings where no cases have been confirmed have their ventilation system cleaned to industry best practice as a preventative measure during this time and on-going.”
The full Refcom statement can be read here:
In the meantime, we recommend that you continue to consult Government and NHS websites where appropriate. Spheretech will continue to post further updates as and when we receive them.
For any questions, do please call Spheretech on 01327 810 510 or email email@example.com